CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The thing is.....

happy new year Pictures, Images and Photos


Ok with the end of the year fast approaching there are so many things just zooming through my brain like an out of control roller coaster. So I am putting it down in cyber space. I really think that before the new year arrives (in about 7 and a half hours) that I want this out of my brain. So here we go.
The thing is....
I don't like to make New Year's resolutions because 1. I really don't stick to them and then I pressure myself to stick to them and then when reality hits and they aren't stuck to I feel horrible. So I'm not making resolutions. I'm making restitutions! For those of us who don't know the definition I consulted with Miriam on this one....Restitution: 1: an act of restoring or a condition of being restored: as a: a restoration of something to its rightful owner b: a making good of or giving an equivalent for some injury. I am making a restitution to myself! I am restoring to myself, myself! Confused? Good, so am I! I have spent the last year in such a whirlwind of family progression and school progression and career progression etc I need Stefanie progression! I have accumulated a nice winter coat (by way of chocolate chip cookies and diet coke!) and I don't care for it. I neglected my soul because of everything else I 'had to do' and I am restoring to myself the type of person I want to leave this earth being. Now is the time more than ever with everything that is going on in the world to really restore me! I let too many 'shoulds' and 'have to's' into my life and I want to change that. There is sooo much I have on my list. It will take one step at a time but in the end, when it comes my time to look back on my journey, I can look back with a smile!

That is my restitution for 2009!!

What's are you going to restore to yourself that has been left in the dust of such a busy life??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here,here !! I am going to restore myself too. Sounds good. I no longer make plans either, I am on an adventure and will follow the road wherever it leads !! I pray your New Year is awesome !!

Favorite Family Recipes