CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's amazing how Heavenly Father can humble us...

It's amazing how Heavenly Father can humble us when we least expect it.
My sister was stressed out big time last week. She was helping put on event for the YW in her ward on sunday night and at the same time had to do a lesson for them during church that morning. Well, she was a nut case! As she dropped of Kiernan friday to spend the night she grabs my wedding photo and my sack-o-wedding-tulle and heads out the door to spend the rest of friday and saturday completing the tasks she had set out to do for her lesson. Yes, she's a 'Type A' overcheiver when it comes to this type of thing (well someone has to be:^) So sunday morning at the last minute I pound out the last of her sushi cupcakes and I decide to go deliver them and go to her ward to hear her lesson I know she has been stressing over and working really hard on. I guess part of the promptings was the question she had asked me the week before concerning my temple marriage and her being my only family member in the sealing room. I never knew she thought about it......so I go to support her and to make sure she doesn't leave out any horrid details on all the things that went wrong at her wedding; he,he. So I am at her ward and I meet a bunch of people. And I get my skirt blown up by their hallway vent (wierd I know, but I just had to add that in. I mean who puts a vent on the floor of a church hallway where all the women wear skirts...come on now!) And eventually time comes for the lesson. Temple Marriage. If any of you know us real well we have our story to tell concerning our temple marriages amongst a non-member family and only about 3 years of being Mormon between the two of us (her two years to my one). I feel it's that story that makes us amazing people. And it is on the heels of my sister that I get that strength. Anywhoo I'll just skip to the part that was important, the part that humbled me. Because I had been irritated by my sister for sometime. (Yes Shelby, you irritate me sometimes, this was lasting longer than like a few minutes). Anyways she explained her experience going through a temple marriage with no immediate family members there with her. Then she explained her part in my marriage, which happened 3 months after hers. Let me explain...There is a place in the beautiful sealing room for the mother of the bride to sit, at her sealing that chair was empty. So as she walks in for my sealing her name is called out by some really old guy and she figures something is wrong with me or just wrong in general. It wasn't. The gentleman simply asked her if she would like to sit in the mothers chair for my sealing. She did. As she continues the story I had to admit to her in the classroom in front of the girls and her RS presidency, amidst tears streaming down my face, that I never knew that. I was so worried about the whole thing and trying to soak it all in that I never knew she sat in the mothers chair in the sealing room. Well at the moment last sunday I was humbled because I was reminded by her story and testimony how she has always been there for me in so many ways that I am sure I do not know about or recognize her for them. She has watched out for me and showed me the way in so many things in my life and I can not thank her enough.
THANK YOU SISSY! You mean a lot to me. I love you!!
Random pics of us through the years...notice my sissy is always close to me, just like I like it! :^)














Posted by Picasa


So how has Heavenly Father humbled you unexpectedly? Think about it!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was a great post - thanks for sharing! You are both great people. I've always admired those who don't have much family in the temple when they get married. My mom went through that - she actually didn't have anyone from her family in the temple.

BTW, I can't believe how much Kiernen (sp?) and you look a like as young girls! Especially in the first few pictures. Also, I see a strong resemblance between you and Lukas as children. Wow!!! So cute.

Grandmotherfairy said...

What a beautiful post Stephanie. Sisters are a treasure...even when they irritate us...I miss mine!

Adams Family said...

that little girl face of yours looks alot like Evan!!!!

Kristie said...

Very sweet. The pic of you gals with Santa - I can totally see little Lukie in your face!

Unknown said...

You are not supposed to make old ladies cry, I'll never get my eyesite clear again today !!! Now I'll have to wear those "Dollar Tree" glasses all day long !! How sweet this post... I have a sister whom I would just love it if she would come back to church and bring her awesome children too !!!

You asked how I have been humbled, I would say by watching you and all you accomplish everyday. You remind me of the song "I am Woman", I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan, ... and all with 3 children in tow !! You are a wonderful example of what can be done if you really want it !!

Favorite Family Recipes