CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Where the heck is Dinkey Creek??

We finally took a small trip last the weekend of the 8th just up to Dinkey Creek with my sister and her family. We had a great time. I'm so glad I can take my kids to places where I have fun memories of. After about 5 minutes Evan was dirty from head to toe and Lukas figured out how to walk in shoes (I've never really put them on him because he just takes them off.) Of course he figured out the shoes after he figured out the gravity thing. We had a slight incline to our campsite and 1st thing the boy does when he is put on his feet when we get there is take one step, wobble, and fall down face to the pavement. Not too bad of an introduction to gravity:) We played in the creek and rock hopped some, made s'mores, sang campfire songs with the kids, went on a hike to see the now touristy old saw mill (when I was younger it wasn't touristy, just some intriguing abandoned mill we would run amuck in enamoured by the sight of an abandoned place and everything that was left), had two uncomfortable nights sleep, and came back with more dirt on me than I care to have. By Sunday morning I was done with dirt and so was my sister!! we're good for 2 nights and that's about it:)


Lukas, took a few minutes before the dirt found him.

Mom wanted a good pic of my two dirty boys, this is the best I could get!

We Love S'mores!!!

Lukas decided he wanted to ride brothers bike, and threw a fit when daddy took him off.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

hawkins said...

looks like so much fun! I bet you're LOVING having Shelby back in town..I don't know what I would do if Krista moved.

Favorite Family Recipes