CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

the old shoe box in the closet.....

This morning as we are running out the door to get Jordyn off to school she of course has forgotten that she needs a shoe box to take to school for a project. So I grab the closest one in my office closet, dump it out, and hand her the box. We are off and running then. Well tonight I sat down and began looking through the contents of that shoe box. Who would have known that in the box that has sat way up in my office closet for four years held some of the most important pieces of my life.




Me after taking the plunge with my good friend Ryan Smith who was a great support and a big positive influence on my decision to be baptized. He was also the one who confirmed me.

Unfortunately that is the only pictured I have found of that day. I look at that picture and just feel so greatful every day that I went through with it. It was a tough road to get there. So many things, so many questions, but through it all I feel I was brought to this amazing place by Heavenly Father through the work of others, my friends!!


After one of my discussions with Sister Young and Sister....hmm, help me out Jen?! It will come to me.


Sister Young, Shelby, Me, and Daizie Dog (or Stinky butt as Ryan always referred to her as). We were playing with the camera after one of my discussions.



Sister Young and I at her farewell here in Fresno. Her time was over for serving and it was back to home in Utah. Who would have known that she wound up being such a major part of my conversion story and is an amazing friend!


So did you notice the date on my certificate? February 23, 1997. Today. 12 years ago. So what do you think it means when I pull a shoe box out for my daughter with the contents of my conversion story exactly 12 years to the day that I was baptized!? Hmm. I truly am blessed!!!






8 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, what great memories. I can hardly remember my baptism, and I don't have any pictures. I think I need to raid my mom's closet, she had to have some pictures somewhere!

ps I tried to leave a comment on your cupcake blog, but it wouldn't let me.

Unknown said...

I am truly amazed by so many things about these pictures !! First the story of your conversion and the cute Sisters who taught you, most young girls would be more apt to listen to an Elder, and 2nd you don't look any older today than you did then (how do you do it?) and last that you would pull it from the closet on the very day is kind of a sign or something !!! How amazing !! Thanks fo sharing I really needed the uplift today !! Love Ya R

PS I tried to leave a comment on your cupcake blog too and it would let me either !!!

shelbrz said...

Bizzarro! How crazy to find it on the exact day? That was quite the fun ride little sister, so glad you're on it with me.

Grandmotherfairy said...

What sweet memories...and Robin is right, you don't look any older than the day you were baptized.

Jen said...

How fun to open your blog and read about a memory I cherish as well. It is Sister Hogue in the picture, and don't feel bad I had to look up her last name as well. I could only remember her first name, awful huh. How your mind goes... Anyway, so neat that you would pull it out the very day. I am grateful I was a little part of it. Though we don't get together enough, I love you and think the world of you. I still remember so many fun things like coming over and having dinner with you girls, the leap of faith discussion we had, and so many more. You are just as beautiful and wonderful today as you were then. Thanks for all you do. I have your testimony somewhere, maybe I will come across it on your next anniversary :O) Lots of love!

kelly said...

I think that was a great reminder. I remember Ryan, he was a very neat guy, I wonder how he is.

Adams Family said...

wow stef you were a blonde? i like it you should go for that again!
-Heather

Jennifer said...

I loved this post! So neat that you pulled that box out on the same day you were baptized. Somebody is watching over you and wants you to know that you're not forgotten! Brings tears to the eyes. Thanks for sharing!

Favorite Family Recipes