CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

"For God has given rich brown soil...."

We started a garden with a few other family friends. It was a combined vision and I am so excited that Chris took the initiative to go forward and pursue it on our behalf. We are blessed to have such a generous family friend supply the land and water to grow what I am sure will be a very bountiful garden for all of our families. I can't wait! I have already planned to make homemade spaghetti sauce and freeze it. I plan on making salsa, zuchini bread, carrot cake, etc. If you have any other ideas for recipes from a garden I would love to know.
I also know that doing this garden together as a family will be a blessing. We are doing as asked to by the prophet and planting a garden and we are doing it with those we love!
Have you started your garden yet?


Farmer Jordyn


Farmer Lukie




Farmer Evan


Farmer Papa Cesel


Lukie really getting into this gardening business!!

I didn't get a big shot of the size of our garden but you can see behind Papa Cesel the length. It's a good size garden.

Yep, we had a tailgate at the family garden!!

MMmmm hotdogs!!





"The prophet said to plant a garden, So that’s what we’ll do.For God has given rich brown soil, the rain and sunshine too.And if we plant the seeds just right and tend them carefully,Before we know, good things will grow to feed our family.
We’ll plant the seeds to fill our needs, then plant a few to spare,And show we love our neighbors with the harvest that we share.Oh, won’t you plant a garden, too, and share the many joysA garden brings in health and love to happy girls and boys!"



-Mary Jane Davis, “The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden,” Friend, Mar 1982, 48




















4 comments:

kelly said...

What a great idea to do one together. We are going to do one in our backyard, but unfortunately it won't be ready in time for this planting.

Grandmotherfairy said...

crocui
What fun you will all have and the memories of "following a prophet" are priceless...keep us posted :) on how the growing goes!!!

Grandmotherfairy said...

In case you are wondering what "crocui" is...it is the word verification word that came up on my comment....strange....

Melissa said...

My kids love digging in the dirt, oh I mean planting a garden. We planted ours this last week too. Although yours looks much bigger. I hope you get a great harvest.

Favorite Family Recipes