CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 17, 2009

Lukas' Woobie Woes....


Ok heres the deal....Lukie's Woobie has woes. Lukie loves his woobie and his woobie has definately seen better days. Well mom was not smart when Lukie decided that woobie was going to be his go-to security item and i did not purchase another woobie just in case we had to wash woobie (there's been plenty of time Lukie has slept with a wet woobie)...in case he got lost (yes he dropped woobie when we went to check out the Extreme home house and when we got on that spectator bus and realized we were without woobie lukas was so sad he had lost his best friend. We drove all the way back from the convention center parking to go find woobie. Daddy looked and looked and asked but no woobie. Then hanging on a sign on his way back to tell us the bad news...there was woobie...waiting!)...or in any other cases of a lost woobie. Lukas loves his woobie!


Right before 'the incident'


Well I have looked for a replacement and have found the exact woobie on E bay (keep in mind it was originally sold at target the year he was born) for a grand amount of (drumroll, please).......$34.99. It was probably originally $7 when first purchased. It makes me absolutely sick to think that these people are preying on the misfortune of us mom's who don't think to double up on woobies!! Thats highway robbery and taking advantage of those in a predictament!!!


Anyways I have gotten to the point after searching the web to see if i could find a lower price to give in and pay the $34.99 (probably plus shipping 40 bucks). Insane. I know. But Lukas LOVES his woobie. The kind of love like Linus and his blanket, you know. Soooo I wanted to first try this post before I gave in to the absurdity of 40 bucks and ask to see if anyone might have this woobie they would be willing to sell (for a reasonable price) or part with? I know we have had baby gifts given to us that we just didn't use or need so I though why the heck not...I'm going for it. I'm on the hunt and in the end I will either be fortunate enough to be successful, or i'll be broke!!


So please ask you friends or if you know of one I would more than forever be greatful. So we will see if this works and if someone might have one....or I'm going to be out $40 bucks.


Here is a picture from the internet of woobie. Thanks for looking. Wish me luck!









5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have seen this at a yard sale, I will start looking for it.

kelly said...

Oh my, the stories his woobie can tell, like the time he nearly cut his finger off and his woobie was there to comfort him and got all bloodied in the process!

Stefanie said...

lol!! that's why i decided to get serious about the woobie hunt lol!!!! He still is a mess but going into the wash soon. Yep woobie has many tales to tell!!!



P.S. You know I love you Robin. Your awesome!!! Thanks for looking out for woobie II.

Kristie said...

This is all my fault. I should have bought him 2 to begin with!!I'm sorry!!! I have plenty of extra pink and purple "woobies" that feel just like his - but I doubt he'd take it...but if you wanna give it a shot, I'd be happy to oblige!

Grandmotherfairy said...

I will forward the picture to my family in Utah to see if they can find another "Woobie"...so sad...

Favorite Family Recipes